Each year, the Tasmanian Photographic Federation conducts two competitions:
- Photographer of the Year. This competition is opened to individual photographers who are members of the TPF affiliated clubs. The competition’s aim is to challenge photographers to explore a variety of photographic genres and submit four images from four chosen categories in digital, small prints and open (colour and monochrome) prints
- Inter-club competition. This competition is between member clubs. The aim is for clubs to select and display their best images and submit them for judging against other clubs.
The 2023 Inter-club Competition
The 2023 Inter-Club competition is hosted by the Devonport Camera Club. Details are as follows:
- Date: Saturday, 25 November 2023 commencing at 10am and concluding around 4pm.
- Venue: Lutheran Centre, 94 Forbes Street, Devonport.
- Lunch: 12pm – 2pm at the Devonport RSL Revielle Bistro, located at 18 McCafie Street, Devonport. Ample parking is available at the venue. Cost $40pp for a two course meal. It’s advisable to order in advance.
- Guest Speaker: Peter Sayers of Astronomical Society of Tasmania will give a presentation on Astrophotography.